Mailchimp is a popular email marketing tool that provides a wide range of useful features to help you design great looking email campaigns. If you’re using WordPress, there are a number of great plugins that can help you integrate Mailchimp with your website and grow your email list.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the best Mailchimp plugins for WordPress. We’ll cover both free and premium plugins, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
Best Mailchimp Plugins for WordPress (Free and Premium)
|Tool||Key Features||Ease of use||Value for money|
|1. Newsletter Glue||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|2. MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐|
|3. Contact Form 7 Extension For Mailchimp||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐|
|4. Easy Forms for Mailchimp||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐|
|5. Mailchimp for WooCommerce||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐|
|6. MailChimp Forms by MailMunch||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐|
|7. Elementor Page Builder||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1. Newsletter Glue
Newsletter Glue is much more than a Mailchimp plugin. It’s a newsletter plugin that allows you to not only capture email from the website but also a newsletter publishing platform that lets you build and send newsletters directly from the WordPress editor.
It works with the Gutenberg block editor and comes with a Subscriber signup form block to help you create email opt-in forms. You can then place the email signup form anywhere on the website, such as on the sidebar, at the end of a post, or on any page that works with the Gutenberg editor.
Best suited for
Newsletter Glue is best suited for media publications, newsrooms, and marketing teams that use WordPress and send out newsletters regularly.
- It’s incredibly easy and quick to set up a Mailchimp email capture form. No learning curve.
- You can create and add forms to any part of the website that supports the Gutenberg editor.
- It lets you create and send email newsletters from WordPress. No more switching back and forth between Mailchimp editor and WordPress to copy and paste the content.
- Customize the newsletter completely using the Gutenberg editor.
If you want to test how Newsletter Glue works, you can try out the free demo on the website.
For paid plans, it has three distinct plans:
- Writer, $99. Best for independent creators, bloggers, and newsletter writers.
- Publisher, $169. Best for professional publications and online businesses.
- Newsroom, starting from $1,425. Best for large newsrooms with editorial teams.
2. MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress
MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress is a simple and free plugin that allows you to add a customized subscriber form to your website so that visitors can easily sign up for your newsletter.
Apart from that, it also allows you to integrate it with any existing form on your site, such as the comment form, contact form, or the checkout form.
Best suited for
It is best suited for businesses that are looking for a simple free solution to grow their email list.
- It is very easy to set up and lets you create user-friendly and mobile responsive forms with few clicks.
- You have complete control over the form fields and can customize it the way you want.
- It offers seamless integration with many WordPress contact form plugins, membership plugins and eCommerce plugins.
- The premium version unlocks multiple forms, advanced e-commerce integration for WooCommerce, easy styling as well as reports and statistics.
MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress has a free version of the plugin available on WordPress directory. It also has a premium version that comes in three distinct packages based on the number of licenses you need.
- Hobbyist, $59/year can be used on a single site.
- Professional, $99/year can be used on up to 3 sites.
- Agency, $149/year can be used on up to 10 sites.
3. Contact Form 7 Extension For Mailchimp
If you use Contact Form 7 on your website and want to use it to create email sign-up forms, Contact Form 7 Extension For Mailchimp is the plugin for you. It is a very simple and flexible plugin that connects to Contact Form 7 using the Mailchimp API.
Best suited for
It is best suited for businesses that are already using the Contact Form 7 plugin on their website or are familiar with how to use the plugin.
- It is free and very easy to use.
- You can choose between single opt-in and double opt-in forms.
- Easily add an opt-in checkbox to your contact form and let users directly subscribe from it.
- You can use a different Mailchimp mailing list per contact form.
The Contact Form 7 Extension For Mailchimp plugin is available for free in the WordPress directory and is enough for most websites that want to collect subscribers using Contact Form 7.
It also has a premium version that includes GDPR settings, tagging and grouping, email verification, and other features. The pricing is based on the number of licenses you want.
- Personal, $29/year can be used on a single site.
- Freelancer, $99/year can be used on up to 3 sites.
- Agency, $249/year can be used on up to 10 sites.
4. Easy Forms for Mailchimp
Easy Forms for Mailchimp is a free plugin that allows you to create unlimited Mailchimp signup forms and add them to posts, pages, sidebars, and widget areas of your website.
The form builder is simple to use and includes various opt-in and list settings. The best feature of this plugin is that you can access the list statistics directly from within the WordPress dashboard.
Best suited for
It is best suited for businesses that want to add forms to various parts of their website and view subscriber analytics inside WordPress dashboard.
- The plugin is free and lets you add an unlimited number of forms.
- Customize the forms using built-in CSS or add your own additional classes.
- You can choose between single and double opt-in, as well as whether or not to send the welcome email.
- View and manage your email list directly from the WordPress dashboard.
- Integration with various third-party plugins and addons to extend the functionality of the plugin.
The core plugin of Easy Forms for Mailchimp is available for free on the WordPress plugin repository. If you want to extend the plugin’s functionality, you can buy additional addons at different prices depending on the number of websites you want to use them on.
5. Mailchimp for WooCommerce
Mailchimp for WooCommerce is an official plugin by Mailchimp that integrates your WooCommerce store with Mailchimp. It allows you to use Mailchimp’s automated marketing features to engage with your customers and grow your business.
Best suited for
It is great for WooCommerce stores that want to use Mailchimp and its features to boost sales and improve customer engagement.
- Automatically add customers to the Mailchimp mailing list and sync their purchase data.
- Set up marketing automations for abandoned carts and product recommendations based on products viewed.
- Segment customers based on purchase history and frequency.
- Add a coupon code generated in your WooCommerce store to Mailchimp marketing emails.
Mailchimp for WooCommerce is an official, completely free plugin available on the WordPress repository.
6. MailChimp Forms by MailMunch
MailChimp Forms by MailMunch is a powerful plugin that lets you create beautiful MailChimp signup forms with popups, topbar widgets, sidebar widgets, scroll boxes, and landing pages. Unlike other plugins, this one does not require you to connect to your Mailchimp account via an API key. Simply log in to your Mailchimp account and connect in minutes.
Best suited for
It is suitable for websites that want to use a wide range of opt-in forms to capture visitors’ data.
- Beginner friendly dashboard that allows you to create beautiful mobile optimized opt-in forms.
- A/B test your forms to see which is performing better.
- View your Mailchimp account reports and analytics inside the WordPress dashboard.
- Full GDPR compliant.
- Choose between single opt-in and double opt-in forms.
MailChimp Forms by MailMunch is a completely free WordPress plugin that can be installed from the plugin directory. MailMunch is also a paid standalone platform that you can use to add premium features.
7. Elementor Page Builder
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for building your email list and landing pages, Elementor Builder is a great choice.
It’s a WordPress page builder plugin that lets you build beautiful popups for your website. The Popup Builder allows you to create various types of opt-in forms, such as full-screen, modal, slide-in, and top or bottom bar.
Since it is a page builder plugin, you can also use it to design your newsletter landing page as well as your entire website.
Best suited for
Businesses looking for an all-in-one solution for creating landing pages, opt-in forms, and website pages.
- Drag-and-drop builder to create lead capture forms, email subscription forms, content locker, and related products/upsells.
- Ready-to-use professionally designed templates.
- Collect the information you need using 20 dedicated form fields.
- Entry management dashboard to check who all have subscribed.
- Set display and advanced rules to show the right popups on the right page at the right time.
Elementor Page Builder has two different pricing plans.
The standalone plugin with a single site license costs $59/ year. It includes Popup Builder, Page Builder, Landing Page Builder, and Theme Builder. It also offers three additional plans with 3, 25, and 1000 site activations.
Elementor also provides a plan that includes hosting and costs $99/year.
Blocksy is not a plugin but a WordPress theme that includes built-in support for Mailchimp forms. It is a beautiful theme that works with the WordPress block editor and comes with many amazing features.
The “Newsletter Subscribe” extension connects with Mailchimp and lets you add beautiful forms to different areas of the website.
Best suited for
It is best suited for businesses that plan to create a website and want to reduce the number of additional plugins that need to be installed.
- Lightweight modern theme that works with the WordPress Block editor as well as popular page builders.
- It is a lightweight theme and loads instantly.
- The free version of the theme includes various extensions to help you add different features to the website.
- It comes with a drag and drop header and footer builder, giving you complete flexibility.
The core theme is free to download from the WordPress theme directory, which is more than enough for most business sites. Blocksy also has a premium version that includes additional features. The various plans are:
- Personal, $49/year can be used on a single site.
- Professional, $69/year can be used on up to 5 sites.
- Agency, $99/year can be used on an unlimited number of sites.
It also offers the same plans as lifetime plans at a higher price.
That’s all! These are some of the best Mailchimp plugins for WordPress that’ll help you capture leads from your website.
How to connect Mailchimp with WordPress
All of the plugins on this list connect to Mailchimp via API. The API key enables Mailchimp to automatically update subscriber data from the website.
Let’s look at how to generate an API key in your Mailchimp account and connect it to your website.
For this demonstration, we’ll be using Newsletter Glue.
1. Log in to your Mailchimp account
Assuming that you already have a Mailchimp account, go to the Mailchimp website and log in to your account. Next, go to your Account settings and under Extras, look for the API Keys option.
2. Generate a new API key or copy an existing one
If you don’t already have an API key, click on the Create A Key button at the bottom. If you already have an API key generated, copy it to your clipboard.
3. Add Mailchimp to WordPress site
Depending on the choice of your plugin, the steps to connect the API key will differ. For this article, I will show you the steps for the Newsletter Glue.
On your WP Dashboard, go to the Newsletter Glue Settings page and under the Connections page, select Mailchimp from the Email service provider dropdown.
Next, paste your API Key and click on the Connect button.
That’s it! You can now use Newsletter Glue to collect subscribers as well as build and publish newsletters.
Wrapping up: Best Mailchimp plugins for WordPress
Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing solutions. In this article, we’ve looked at some of the best Mailchimp plugins for WordPress that can help you collect more subscribers from your website.
Out of all, we recommend Newsletter Glue as it’s our product and of course we’re proud of it. But we also genuinely believe that it’s the best option to collect subscribers and build and send newsletters directly from your website.
If all you need is a plugin to collect subscribers, we recommend MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress.